Welcome message

Welcome @everyone to the Discord server for ENG2100: Writing 1! In lieu of Baruch’s vertical campus, this online space will serve as our all-purpose classroom throughout the semester. Let’s make the best of it, shall we?

To the left of this message, you should see a series of video and text channels that I’ve made to organize our thoughts and group activities as a class. If you’d like to see another channel added to the mix, then please let me know and I’d be happy to oblige. The channel #announcements is where I will post and pin links, resources, queries, and class reminders for you as the semester carries on. You can also access the course syllabus, Blogs@Baruch site, and Hypothesis group by following the associated links in the #useful-links channel.

For now, I’d like to point your attention to Class Meetings, which is where we’ll be holding our synchronous video meetings. Discord’s voice and video channels stay open 24/7, in which case I encourage you to connect to Class Meetings before our August 25th class so you can test your camera and audio ahead of time.

There’s more to say — there always is — but for now do me a solid and use the reaction buttons below to signal where you’re at with prep for Wednesday’s class. Feel free to drop me an email or to message me here on Discord if you have any questions in the meantime. Looking forward to meeting you all in a few days!